There are so many crochet motifs and appliques for us to learn, and this Crochet Santa Face Applique Free Patterns is just right for Christmas season. It turned out to be easy and crochet thread, and fabulous with different color mixes. I love it so much and crochet some to decorate the sweaters and crochet hats for kids, just eye catching. It may be good to attach to the holiday gift as topper, too. Endless usage and what are you waiting for, get out your thread hooks and remaining yarn thread and start your challenge, now. This Santa applique can be sewn on hats, socks, scarves or mittens. You can also make a beautiful garland or decorate New Year’s gifts. It’s spacious for imagination. It’s a great crochet pattern for those who love and enjoy crochet with more fun for this Christmas.
You can get the free pattern with detailed chart from the link here:
Here is the video tutorial of above, wish it can help you figure it out, enjoy, and don’t forget to check out our Crochet Peacock Feather Motif Patterns as well.
- Magic ring or Ch 4 slp st to first ch to form a ring.
- Rd 1(color brown): Ch 3, 10 dc into the ring, (switch to color white) 8 dc into the ring. (18)
- Rd 2: 2 dc into each sts, slp st into base of same dc(36) , 3 more sc, turn
- Rd 3: ch3 into next 14 sts
- Magic ring or Ch3 slp st to first ch to form a ring.
- Rd 1(color red): Ch 3, 16 dc into the ring (16)
- Rd 2: 2 dc into each sts, slp st into base of same dc (32)
- Rd 3: combine with face with 10 sc.
- Row 4: dec, 6sc, dec
- Row 5: dec, 4sc, dec
- Row 6: dec, 2sc, dec
- Row 7: dec
- 1. With the line in pink color give a loop of the line on the finger and make in this Ring.
- 2. 10 high points and finish.
- 3. Continuing with the line in white, make 20 high stitches and close.
- 4. On top of all the pink high points, make half a white high point and on all white high points make 1 high point separated by 1 chain, then there is 1 high point, 1 corr and 1 high point.
- 5. To finish the Barbinha, make the picô point in the chains that separate the high points.
- 6. With the Red Line, make 10 medium high points on top of the medium high white points forming the Santa Claus cap decreasing 2 points in each row. The line left over from the ring at the beginning give a little pull to decrease the opening of the ring before ending with the balls.
- 7. I put 1 pearlized white ball at the end of the cap and beads for the eyes and a red ball.
If you love feathers, don’t miss out the Crochet Feathers Free Patterns-Video we have featured before.
Get the FREE written pattern here: